- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Thumbs Up to Relief
Many people go to a chiropractor because they are in pain. In this first phase of care, the main goal is to reduce your symptoms. Sometimes this will require daily visits, or two to three visits per week for a time.
Most people are under the assumption that if they don't feel any pain that there is nothing wrong with them - that they are healthy. Unfortunately, pain is a very poor indicator of health. In fact, pain and other symptoms frequently only appear after a disease or other condition has become advanced.
For example, consider a cavity in your tooth. Does it hurt when it first develops or only after it has become serious? How about heart disease? Regardless of whether you are talking about cancer, heart disease, diabetes, stress or problems with the spine, pain is usually the last thing to appear. When you begin chiropractic care, pain is also the first symptom to disappear, even though much of the underlying condition remains.
"Essential" Guidelines to Improve Your Condition During the First Phase of Care."
1. Have you kept your physical activity to a minimum the day you received your adjustment?
2. Since your condition, have you been gradually increasing your physical activity level, and not all at once?
3. Have you been doing your stretches 2+ times per day as prescribed?
4. Have you been applying heat or ice to the area of pain as prescribed every 2 hours for 20 minutes?
5. Have you made all your scheduled appointments?
6. Do you have a supportive bed for your back?
7. Do you have a supportive pillow for your neck and shoulders?
8. Have you been eating a balanced diet and taking vitamins?
9. Have you kept over the counter drugs and alcohol to a minimum while under chiropractic care?
10. Have you stopped smoking or significantly cut back?
11. Do you sit or stand all day at your 8 to 12 hour job?